Home » Networking

TP-Link WiFi Gigabit router TL-WR1043ND unboxing

20 March 2012 113 Comments

The TP-link TL-WR1043ND is a mid-range WiFi router which sports a gigabit ports (1000 Mbps) and also supports WiFi N speeds upto 300Mbps using the 2.4 Ghz WiFi frequency and in this video I do the unboxing of the TL-WR1043ND router.

Do remember to subscribe to my Youtube channel to be notified about my video updates tutorials and guides it’s free to subscribe!

Related Posts

113 Comments »

• Ranjit Kumar said:
  • extremedanush said:

I have this router since last month. This is one of the best router Tp-link produce which is tons of feature for cheap price. I get 12 MB/ps with 4 bars(with TL-WN821N) . when you are reviewing please compare the range with other routers.Thanks.

• DANUSH KUMAR said:

I have this router since last month. This is one of the best router Tp-link
    produce which is tons of feature for cheap price. I get 12 MB/ps with 4
    bars(with TL-WN821N) . when you are reviewing please compare the range with
    other routers. Thanks.

• geekyranjit said:

@extremedanush: I have just setup the router on my network…. it might take a couple of weeks for the full review…… coz I do indepth testing for WiFi routers….. but already I can say the WiFi range is pretty impressive….. yeah it beats most of the higher priced routers :)

• uther10 said:

Thanks for the unboxing, hope it reviews well.

• Uther said:

Thanks for the unboxing, hope it reviews well.

• abhim7 said:

What is its price ?

• Anshul Mittal said:

What is its price ?

• geekyranjit said:

@abhim7: This one is about Rs 4,000 – 4,200 there is one model mode that comes with 100 Mbps ports instead of 1000Mbps (gigabit) ports and that is significantly cheaper….. If you notice this model is very nicely priced for a gigabit WiFi router…. coz other options from other manufactures are significantly more expensive.

@abhim7: This one is about Rs 4,000 – 4,200 there is one model mode that
    comes with 100 Mbps ports instead of 1000Mbps (gigabit) ports and that is
    significantly cheaper….. If you notice this model is very nicely priced
    for a gigabit WiFi router…. coz other options from other manufactures are
    significantly more expensive.

• simplysuyash said:

Very nice video ranjit…Like it… Keep it up!

• simplysuyash said:

Very nice video ranjit… Like it… Keep it up!

• MrSiddhesh004 said:

@GeekyRanjit , SHow us your room setup once :) we would love to see it! Thumbs up so that this goes noticed

• Siddhesh Pai said:

@GeekyRanjit , SHow us your room setup once :) we would love to see it!
    Thumbs up so that this goes noticed

• MonkeyBadAssFist said:

show us a room set up ranjit :)

• sherif khalifa said:

show us a room set up ranjit :)

• MonkeyBadAssFist said:

i dont think any one should dislike rannjits video, i mean come one.

• sherif khalifa said:

i dont think any one should dislike rannjits video, i mean come one.

• johnsmit230 said:

ranjit can you plz tell me downloading games movies or songs by using torrent is legal or illegal

• geekyranjit said:

@johnsmit230: If you are not paying for that content example games / music etc it’s illegal…. and mostly torrents are used for distributing pirated content and that is illegal.It’s not that all torrents are illegal…… for example most of the Linux distro are available via torrents… but majority of the torrents I would say deal with copyrighted content which is illegal.

@johnsmit230: If you are not paying for that content example games / music
    etc it’s illegal…. and mostly torrents are used for distributing pirated
    content and that is illegal. It’s not that all torrents are illegal……
    for example most of the Linux distro are available via torrents… but
    majority of the torrents I would say deal with copyrighted content which is
    illegal.

• geekyranjit said:

@MonkeyBadAssFist: Will do that soon…… but will take a few weeks!

• geekyranjit said:

@MonkeyBadAssFist: Will do that soon…… but will take a few weeks!

• orphyn09 said:

[Q&A] What is the difference between all the RAID levels, and if you could list their advantages and disadvantages that would be great! Love the videos. (:

• orphyn09 said:

[Q&A] What is the difference between all the RAID levels, and if you could
    list their advantages and disadvantages that would be great! Love the
    videos. (:

• MrSiddhesh004 said:

hey!! you copied my comment :P

• MrSiddhesh004 said:

@MonkeyBadAssFist hey!! you copied my comment :P

• Siddhesh Pai said:

hey!! you copied my comment :P

• Siddhesh Pai said:

@MonkeyBadAssFist hey!! you copied my comment :P

• geekyranjit said:

@osityan: For your comment is it the best router in the market of-course we have some other routers that are better but they cost almost 4-5 times the cost of the N150 tp-link router, the tp-link N150 was one of the best budget router I have tested based on WiFi throughput and overall WiFi coverage… and I have overall throughput figures to show that.

• osityan said:

price to performance ratio makes more sense :)

• osityan said:

How do you come to the conclusion that the TPLINK n150 is one of the BEST routers? Is it because you received it for free from TPLINK? Is that what makes it the best?

• geekyranjit said:

@osityan: I said the N150 from TP-link is one of the best router I have tested based on it’s price to performance ratio based on my testing and who said tp-link gave the product to me for free… it was a review unit and that unit has been sent back to tp-link office.I have tested a lot of routers ex Belkin, Netgear, Asus, Tenda and Linksys and if you have seen my video reviews of routers I follow a standard test for routers and I also give the actual throughput figures for different routers.

• osityan said:

price to performance ratio makes more sense :)

• osityan said:

@geekyranjit price to performance ratio makes more sense :)

• Tirtha De said:

Hey ranjit i have a netgear n150 adsl2+ modem router dgn1000 for my home bsnl broadband connection. But the problem is that it keeps disconnecting after 5-10 min or so. I have updated the fimware on the device but the problem still remains.

• tirtha182 said:

• Tirtha De said:

• simobil1 said:

Hi Ranjit,

• Zoran Stjepanovic said:

Hi Ranjit,

• simobil1 said:

Hi Ranjit,can I use USB Hub on the USB port on TP Link TL-WR1043ND wifi router and connect more then one external USB hard disk? That would solve my wish of having all the disks available to anyone in my network. Thanks for the answer and keep the good work :)

• Zoran Stjepanovic said:

Hi Ranjit,

• geekyranjit said:

@drraghul: I havent yet done the throughput testing so cannot comment yet…. but I would say the range is just a little better than RT N13U but the RTN13U can do a lot of other things that this router cannot.

• ezy2cool said:

are these things gonna cost more..???

• ezy2cool said:

are these things gonna cost more..???

• shrey sharma said:

what is the use of 300MBPS router when i only have 150MBPS adapter in my laptop….. could you please suggest 300mbps adapter for my laptop….

• drraghul said:

Hi ranjit,,how does this router compare with ASUS rt n13 u….i recently bought this router after seeing ur review…its good though,but just wanted to know if TPlink fares better than asus in terms of ‘range’ offered.

• raghul k said:

• ezy2cool said:

As the Budget is announced what is going to happen with computer Computer Components such as Rams, motherboards, CPU… graphic cards.. etc?????are these things gonna cost more..???

• Ishan Wadke said:

are these things gonna cost more..???

• shrey020 said:

• shrey sharma said:

• drraghul said:

@geekyranjit Thanx ranjit :) )

• raghul k said:

@geekyranjit Thanx ranjit :) )

• geekyranjit said:

My local ISP is Beam Fiber…… and my internet speeds is 15 Mbps, regarding Belkin surf N300 I haven’t tested it so cannot comment.

• shreyans94 said:

what is your internet speed and what isp u use?

• shreyans jain said:

what is your internet speed and what isp u use?

• shreyans94 said:

can you tell if belkin surf n300 modem router is a good choice?

• shreyans jain said:

can you tell if belkin surf n300 modem router is a good choice?

• cbrcoder said:

Cost ? And where to buy in India? I am thinking of buying this and replacing ASUS RTN13U (mainly because of lack of Gigabit port).

• geekyranjit said:

Cost around Rs 4,100…… check in local computer stores you should be able to find them.

• cbrcoder said:

• SuperBoogly said:

My 2.4Ghz router interferes with my Wireless headset. What router could you recommend that doesn’t cause “popping” and “hissing” in 2.4Ghz headset?

• SuperBoogly said:

• geekyranjit said:

@SuperBoogly: Before purchasing a new router I would suggest that you change the channels setting in you WiFi router and see if that fixes your problem, else you might have to use a 5 Ghz band router, but again not all devices are compatible with 5Ghz.

• G33kHC1337 said:

Please upload a detail review of TL-WR1043ND soon……..
    Thanks

• G33kHC1337 said:

Please upload a detail review of TL-WR1043ND soon……..
    Thanks

• geekyranjit said:

Done I just uploaded the in-depth review of this router :)

• G33kHC1337 said:

Please upload a detail review of TL-WR1043ND soon……..Thanks

• geekyranjit said:

Done I just uploaded the in-depth review of this router :)

• kashif9000 said:

what is range

• KASHIF ALI Memon said:

what is range

• kashif9000 said:

what is range

• KASHIF ALI Memon said:

what is range

• KASHIF ALI Memon said:

what is range

• StiflerZsolt said:

What type of ethernet cable is included with the router? Cat5, cat5e or cat6?

• StiflerZsolt said:

What type of ethernet cable is included with the router? Cat5, cat5e or cat6?

• raptor619 said:

hi GR, i have been watching ur vids lately thanks for the uploads

• raptor619 said:

hi GR, i have been watching ur vids lately thanks for the uploadscld u do a vid on TP-Link TL-WR2543ND comparison as well cuz i was planning to get either this router or the one u are showing in this vid now

• Narveen Kumar said:

hi GR, i have been watching ur vids lately thanks for the uploads

• ArmOwnt said:

STOP SLAPPNG THE BOX

• ArmOwnt said:

STOP SLAPPNG THE BOX

• giorgos1503197 said:

Hello “geekyranjit” i wanna ask you this:

This router “TP-Link N300 TL-WR1043ND” (with 3 antenna)
    is STRONGER
    from other router “Netgear WNDR3700″ (without antenna)?

which router are stronger and gets sent the signal 1-2 floors (up or down)?
    I don’t know which router must buy. If you know respod to me please.

• giorgos1503197 said:

Hello “geekyranjit” i wanna ask you this:

This router “TP-Link N300 TL-WR1043ND” (with 3 antenna)
    is STRONGER
    from other router “Netgear WNDR3700″ (without antenna)?

which router are stronger and gets sent the signal 1-2 floors (up or down)?
    I don’t know which router must buy. If you know respod to me please.

• giorgos1503197 said:

Hello “geekyranjit” i wanna ask you this:This router “TP-Link N300 TL-WR1043ND” (with 3 antenna)is STRONGER from other router “Netgear WNDR3700″ (without antenna)?which router are stronger and gets sent the signal 1-2 floors (up or down)?I don’t know which router must buy. If you know respod to me please. THANK YOU…

• Mak Singh said:

please suggest me a wi-fi router with inbuilt download manager…. generally i download with torrent,,, i dont want a high speed router bcoz my net plan is 1mbps…
    please help in this…..
    my id is-mak.singh8@facebook.com

• geekyranjit said:

I would say have a look at Asus RT N13U it has build in torrent download manager and good great 2.4 Ghz Wifi performance.

• Avinit Singh said:

adsl modem router does work with cable modem?
    for sharing internet.

• Mak Singh said:

please help in this…..
    my id is-mak.singh8@facebook.com

• Avinit Singh said:

adsl modem router does work with cable modem?
    for sharing internet.

• Mak Singh said:

thanxx,,,,

• Mak Singh said:

which revision did you reviwed??& which rev should i buy?? thanx for help…

• Mak Singh said:

thanxx,,,,

• Mak Singh said:

which revision did you reviwed??& which rev should i buy?? thanx for help…

• fixieLoVeR1 said:

Shit this guy is ugly!!!!!!

• fixieLoVeR1 said:

Shit this guy is ugly!!!!!!

• sparsh779 said:

please suggest me a router , a budget router my net plan is 512mbps ,it is cable network in2 net and for home use which is latest and durable working well so kindly do so the needful

• mark jarvis said:

when i try to set mine up it says:
    verify router settings,please check WAN connection type and parameters….
    any help please ?

• free classified said:

sir diffrence in wireless router vs ap

• szpachla22 said:

U can use alternative software for that router.
    It will allow you to download torrents
    Via USB hard drive.

OpenWRT – googleit

• NuDauParolaMahh said:

Ranjit i have been using normal wire net conection from provider , and i saw your video about this router, what can you tell be is it a good purchase? does the usb port work well?

• NuDauParolaMahh said:

wich one is better the TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND or the ASUS RT-N15U Black Diamond Wireless-N 300 ?

• Drrunkinshark199 said:

U sound like a hik

• ISTEALXP said:

how much people can use this router max?
    the capacity pls.

Purchase Tech Gadgets / Moblies / Books / Accessories online in India sitting from
the comfort of your home via Flipkart