Home » Hardware

Kingston HyperX 120GB Sata 3 SSD unboxing

8 October 2011 35 Comments

Unobxing video of the Kingston premium range of SSD known as HyperX which can attain insane speeds in excess of 500 MB/sec using the SandForce controller and taking advantage of SATA 3.0 (6 Gb/s) interface, which is almost twice the speed when compared to normal SSD drives the model number of this120 GB HyperX SSD Upgrade Kit is SH100S3B/120G.

Do remember to subscribe to my Youtube channel to be notified about my video updates tutorials and guides it’s free to subscribe!


Related Posts

35 Comments »

  • vasoo101 said:

    How much does it cost ?

  • geekyranjit said:

    @vasoo101: I do not recall the exact pricing but the MRP is about Rs 17K for the entire Hyperx SSD kit, do not have idea about the street pricing or the just the pricing for the SSD.

  • vasoo101 said:

    How much does it cost ?

  • geekyranjit said:

    @vasoo101: I do not recall the exact pricing but the MRP is about Rs 17K for the entire Hyperx SSD kit, do not have idea about the street pricing or the just the pricing for the SSD.

  • lyricallysikh1 said:

    Hi Ranjit, you should maybe show a video on how you installed it and on what system?

  • geekyranjit said:

    @lyricallysikh1: Install a HDD is very easy but if you guys want I do a video on the same I will I am going to be testing this drive now on a windows 7 system and will make a video on how to attach the same to your system.

  • lyricallysikh1 said:

    Hi Ranjit, you should maybe show a video on how you installed it and on what system?

  • geekyranjit said:

    @lyricallysikh1: Install a HDD is very easy but if you guys want I do a video on the same I will I am going to be testing this drive now on a windows 7 system and will make a video on how to attach the same to your system.

  • SSD vs HDD compared on Windows 7 - Tech2buzz.com said:

    [...] this test I just used mid-range SSD and not the fastest SSD that are based on SATA 3 interface like HyperX SSD if I would have used a SATA 3 SSD the difference would have been even more [...]

  • Windows 8 boot up with SSD - Tech2buzz.com said:

    [...] this test I used the Kingston HyperX SSD and clean installed Windows 8 developer preview on the same and you can see the results of the same [...]

  • iveckin said:

    HYPOR X !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • iveckin said:

    HYPOR X !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • iveckin said:

    HYPOR X !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • lazimofo90 said:

    its funny how you say implementation

  • lazimofo90 said:

    its funny how you say implementation

  • yazoo178 said:

    Is that a 3gb or 6gb Sata cable?

  • geekyranjit said:

    @yazoo178: SATA cable does not make any difference its the SATA interface… SATA 2 (3 Gb/sec interface) or SATA 3 (6 Gb/sec) ……. I installed this HyperX SSD on a SATA 3 based motherboard to get the best performance.

  • yazoo178 said:

    Is that a 3gb or 6gb Sata cable?

  • geekyranjit said:

    @yazoo178: SATA cable does not make any difference its the SATA interface… SATA 2 (3 Gb/sec interface) or SATA 3 (6 Gb/sec) ……. I installed this HyperX SSD on a SATA 3 based motherboard to get the best performance.

  • yazoo178 said:

    Thanks. I bought the same drive as this.

  • yazoo178 said:

    Thanks. I bought the same drive as this.

  • geekyranjit said:

    @TheVeggiePau: In India I think so it is around Rs 15.5K if you want a more affordable option check out the Kingston V+ 200 series I just did a unboxing video for that its a little cheaper.

  • TheVeggiePau said:

    @geekyranjit how much is this ?

  • geekyranjit said:

    @TheVeggiePau: In India I think so it is around Rs 15.5K if you want a more affordable option check out the Kingston V+ 200 series I just did a unboxing video for that its a little cheaper.

  • TheVeggiePau said:

    I’ll go check out the video man , but i checked Amazon for the Kingston HyperX and it doesn’t ship to my current shipping address , Singapore . It’s cost pretty heavy but its worth it though .Most of the shops in Singapore here sells HDDs instead of SSDs . So do you have any suggestion to buy it online ?

  • rfrobots said:

    Cool channel !! cheers

    can you post some links where i can get these in India like flipkart etc..am from chennai :-)

    thank you..amazing job from india !!

  • rfrobots said:

    Cool channel !! cheers

    can you post some links where i can get these in India like flipkart etc..am from chennai :-)

    thank you..amazing job from india !!

  • rfrobots said:

    Cool channel !! cheerscan you post some links where i can get these in India like flipkart etc..am from chennai :-)thank you..amazing job from india !!

  • Marcello Marranzini said:

    I have a normal HDD Drive and I don’t know if my motherboard supports this SSD drive. Does this ssd use the same cable as a normal hdd drive?

  • geekyranjit said:

    All SSD use SATA cable just make sure if you motherboard supports SATA 2.0 interface if it does then they can work with SSD…….. the SATA cable is a thin flat cable that attaches to the HDD if its a flat fat cable then that means you are using the old type IDE cable…. see my SSD installation video for more info /watch?v=V3dAa_1LtmA

  • chello1397 said:

    I have a normal HDD Drive and I don’t know if my motherboard supports this SSD drive. Does this ssd use the same cable as a normal hdd drive?

  • Marcello Marranzini said:

    I have a normal HDD Drive and I don’t know if my motherboard supports this SSD drive. Does this ssd use the same cable as a normal hdd drive?

  • geekyranjit said:

    All SSD use SATA cable just make sure if you motherboard supports SATA 2.0 interface if it does then they can work with SSD…….. the SATA cable is a thin flat cable that attaches to the HDD if its a flat fat cable then that means you are using the old type IDE cable…. see my SSD installation video for more info /watch?v=V3dAa_1LtmA

  • Tejas Panchal said:

    my pc Details – AMD PHEANOM(tm) 9950 Quad-Core processor 2.60 GHz.
    what is the price of 1tb ssd?
    Also give info. about it’s features.

  • adam suail said:

    hi friend, the USB enclosure, is it USB 3.0 or 2.0 ? this will be a deal breaker for me if it is 2.0…please let me know.


Purchase Tech Gadgets / Moblies / Books / Accessories online in India sitting from
the comfort of your home via Flipkart