Home » Internet

Boxee Box media player unboxing

19 December 2011 33 Comments

Boxee Box is an internet enabled media streaming device which you connect to your HDTV and thus it enables popular internet show to be streamed to your TV you can also playback all your stored videos, pictures and music to your TV via this Boxee Box.

Boxee Box makes your TV a internet enabled device via which you can watch popular internet shows on demand whenever you like, It even has a full web-browser so that you can browse the net on your TV and I do the unboxing of the Boxee Box and give you an Hardware overview of the same.

Do remember to subscribe to my Youtube channel to be notified about my video updates tutorials and guides it’s free to subscribe!


Related Posts

33 Comments »

  • 0to9000 said:

    Hi Ranjit, thanks for the video. I was wondering, what kind of content can you get outside of the US? As far as I understand you cannot get Hulu or Netflix or most other US based services.

  • evilshreyas said:

    What’s the price it retails for?
    Is it officially launched in India, you’ve mentioned that this unit was sent to you from D-Link, wasn’t it?
    Does it have movie & music streaming services or its primary uses are for internet browsing, YouTube, Facebook and Twitter?

  • evilshreyas said:

    What’s the price it retails for?
    Is it officially launched in India, you’ve mentioned that this unit was sent to you from D-Link, wasn’t it?
    Does it have movie & music streaming services or its primary uses are for internet browsing, YouTube, Facebook and Twitter?

  • geekyranjit said:

    Yes its officially launched in India will get back regarding pricing, it has lot of video stations apps most of the famous internet shows r there but you need good internet to stream internet shows, YouTube is also there in fact it has full featured browser so you can load any site.

  • omarhasan1 said:

    Nice unboxing :D the device has a funny name :P

  • lorac7 said:

    I like your videos, its Short but very informative. I have seen lots of guys made videos for 10+ mins but they still lacked lots of information that i wanted to hear.

  • Khuram Choudri said:

    love the funny accent.. MENOOO hahahaaaa

  • geekyranjit said:

    @0to9000: Yep no Hulu or Netflix but all other internet channels apps are there like Engadget, Wired, TED, Revesion 3 and almost all popular internet videos shows also can watch flash videos from website.

  • 0to9000 said:

    And you can stream from the NAS. That would be very cool, you could have access to your music collection and movies on the NAS. I have tested the Boxee application in Windows and it does offer some very cool features.
    Thanks ; )

  • 0to9000 said:

    And you can stream from the NAS. That would be very cool, you could have access to your music collection and movies on the NAS. I have tested the Boxee application in Windows and it does offer some very cool features.
    Thanks ; )

  • Lobos222 said:

    Boxy box?
    LoL, I can see the creative department was working overtime…

  • Lobos222 said:

    Boxy box?
    LoL, I can see the creative department was working overtime…

  • 0to9000 said:

    Hi Ranjit, thanks for the video. I was wondering, what kind of content can you get outside of the US? As far as I understand you cannot get Hulu or Netflix or most other US based services.

  • evilshreyas said:

    What’s the price it retails for? Is it officially launched in India, you’ve mentioned that this unit was sent to you from D-Link, wasn’t it?Does it have movie & music streaming services or its primary uses are for internet browsing, YouTube, Facebook and Twitter?

  • geekyranjit said:

    Yes its officially launched in India will get back regarding pricing, it has lot of video stations apps most of the famous internet shows r there but you need good internet to stream internet shows, YouTube is also there in fact it has full featured browser so you can load any site.

  • geekyranjit said:

    @evilshreyas Yes its officially launched in India will get back regarding pricing, it has lot of video stations apps most of the famous internet shows r there but you need good internet to stream internet shows, YouTube is also there in fact it has full featured browser so you can load any site.

  • omarhasan1 said:

    Nice unboxing :D the device has a funny name :P

  • lorac7 said:

    I like your videos, its Short but very informative. I have seen lots of guys made videos for 10+ mins but they still lacked lots of information that i wanted to hear.

  • kchoudri said:

    love the funny accent.. MENOOO hahahaaaa

  • Khuram Choudri said:

    love the funny accent.. MENOOO hahahaaaa

  • geekyranjit said:

    @0to9000: Yep no Hulu or Netflix but all other internet channels apps are there like Engadget, Wired, TED, Revesion 3 and almost all popular internet videos shows also can watch flash videos from website.

  • 0to9000 said:

    And you can stream from the NAS. That would be very cool, you could have access to your music collection and movies on the NAS. I have tested the Boxee application in Windows and it does offer some very cool features.Thanks ; )

  • 0to9000 said:

    @geekyranjit And you can stream from the NAS. That would be very cool, you could have access to your music collection and movies on the NAS. I have tested the Boxee application in Windows and it does offer some very cool features.Thanks ; )

  • Lobos222 said:

    Boxy box?LoL, I can see the creative department was working overtime…

  • Ranjit Kumar said:
  • shafishaheer212 said:

    nice.

  • shafishaheer212 said:

    nice.

  • jlow90jr said:

    Great video. Just bought it actually. Hopefully my parents will be able to enjoy it :) !

  • jlow90jr said:

    Great video. Just bought it actually. Hopefully my parents will be able to enjoy it :) !

  • moneywater said:

    which one will you suggest, the boxee box or the WDTV?? i got a 46″ full 1080p LED tv. and 1 mbps internet connection.

  • geekyranjit said:

    With just 1 Mbps I would not recommned Boxee TV coz the streaming shows are mostly in 720p HD and it requires 2.5 – 3 Mbps connection also Boxee does not natively support DLNA so if you are just going to play stores videos etc from your PC or HDD then WDTV is good enough, but Boxee is for someone who likes to stream a lot of content (you need fast internet connection) see my review of boxee to get an idea about the same.

  • moneywater said:

    which one will you suggest, the boxee box or the WDTV?? i got a 46″ full 1080p LED tv. and 1 mbps internet connection.

  • geekyranjit said:

    With just 1 Mbps I would not recommned Boxee TV coz the streaming shows are mostly in 720p HD and it requires 2.5 – 3 Mbps connection also Boxee does not natively support DLNA so if you are just going to play stores videos etc from your PC or HDD then WDTV is good enough, but Boxee is for someone who likes to stream a lot of content (you need fast internet connection) see my review of boxee to get an idea about the same.


Purchase Tech Gadgets / Moblies / Books / Accessories online in India sitting from
the comfort of your home via Flipkart